- Space and Time. Hildy Silverman, editor in chief/publisher. Issue no. 123, Spring 2015.
“The Clockwork Looking Glass; or, How Mr. Fox Earned His Stripes”
- Space and Time. Hildy Silverman, editor in chief/publisher. Issue no. 113, Jan. 2011.
“The Jewels of Montforte”
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies. Scott H. Andrews, editor in chief/publisher. Issue nos. 44 and 45, June 2010.
- Read for free online at the above links, or buy for Amazon Kindle here and here.
“Sails Above Greensea”
- Realms of Fantasy. Shawna McCarthy, ed. April 2009.
- Honorable Mention, The Year’s Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Seventh Annual Collection.
- Named to Locus magazine’s 2009 Recommended Reading List.
- Read an excerpt.
- Weird Tales. Ann VanderMeer, ed. Issue no. 350, July/August 2008. Wildside Press.
“N0072-JK1: Study of Synaptic Response of the Organism to Spontaneous Stimulation of Vulnerability Zones. Photographic Analysis.”
- Borderlands 5. Elizabeth and Thomas Monteleone, eds. Borderlands Press, 2003.
- From the Borderlands, Warner Books, 2004.
- Reprinted in The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror: Seventeenth Annual Collection. Ellen Datlow and Kelly Link & Gavin Grant, eds. St. Martin’s Press, 2004.
- Audio version released by Pseudopod, Sept. 2015.
- Reprinted in The Ghost Box. Patton Oswalt, editor. Hingston & Olsen Publishing, 2017.
“Install Batteries According to Diagram, Observing Polarity”
- Science Fiction Age. Scott Edelman, ed. May 1999.
“Sweet Samanthe and the Bantam of Park Avenue”
- LC-39. Mathew Walls, ed. Issue 1, 1999.
- Touch Wood: Narrow Houses 2. Peter Crowther, ed. Little, Brown, UK, 1993. Warner Aspect, 1996.
- Reprinted in The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror: Seventh Annual Collection. Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling, eds. St. Martin’s Press, 1994.
- Cemetery Dance. Richard T. Chizmar, ed. Fall, 1992.
- Reprinted in The Best of Cemetery Dance. Richard T. Chizmar, ed. CD Publications, 1998.
- Reprinted in The Best of Cemetery Dance, Vol. 1. Richard T. Chizmar, ed. Roc Books, 2000.
- Honorable Mention, The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror: Sixth Annual Collection.
“To a Mr. R. J. Guthrie, Edinburgh”
- Young Blood. Mike Baker, ed. Zebra Books, 1994.
“Valium Has an Atomic Weight of 119”
- Tales of the Unanticipated. Eric M. Heideman, ed. No. 16, Spring/Summer/Fall (1996).
“Some Few Last Words Concerning Colin Eberheart”
- E-Scape. Marie Loughin, ed. No. 5 (1996).
- TransVersions. Dale L. Sproule and Sally McBride, eds. No. 5 (1996).
- TransVersions. Dale L. Sproule and Sally McBride, eds. No. 3 (1995).
“The Hand of Bastion”
- Expanse. Steven E. Fick, ed. No. 3 (1994).
“The Rubies of Brandenbourg”
- Expanse. Steven E. Fick, ed. No. 1 (1994).
“The Book of Sam”
- The Silver Web #9. Ann Kennedy, ed. (Winter/Spring 1993).